The extract below is taken from the latest CGA bye-laws, dated 31st May 2017. For full details of the Code of Conduct and the Code of Ethics, please refer to the complete CGA Bye-Laws document which is available on this web site.
The Code of Conduct shall apply to:
- all CGA members
- AG and SSA members, and other persons competing in or attending any event organised or managed by CGA
- employees, consultants and contractually-connected persons and/or firms representing or serving CGA.
All persons to whom this Code of Conduct applies shall:
- Ensure and maintain the highest level of professionalism in the sport, in the prevailing circumstances, whether in or out of administration, competition, officiating or within or outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa (RSA), whether as an amateur or a professional, or at any time whatsoever whilst in the membership of CGA.
- Conduct themselves in a proper and professional manner, so as not to bring anyone, including the individual member, the Republic of South Africa, CGA, officials, sponsors or any entity associated with the sport, into disrepute or censure, and at all times shall act in the interests of the sport in accordance with the directives of CGA, where applicable.
- Conduct themselves in such a manner in order to perform to the best of their ability at all times.
- Comply with all decisions and instructions given and made by CGA, their duly appointed and authorised representatives, officials and/or proxies.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of any event organiser in which the individual members are participating.
- Use their best endeavours to ensure compliance with this Code, acknowledging that adherence hereto is vital to the maintenance and promotion of Aquatics as a code governed by SSA and CGA in and outside the Republic of South Africa.
Additional topics covered in the Code of Conduct include:
- Medical & Doping Control for Athletes
- Interaction with the Media
- Team Selection & Participation